Aesthetic & Cosmetic Dermatology
Now offering CoolSculpting®!
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin and its diseases, a unique specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist takes care of skin diseases, in the widest sense, and some cosmetic problems of the skin, hair, and nails.
Our dermatologists are leaders in the field of medical and surgical dermatology as well as aesthetic and cosmetic procedures.They have been trained in their residency on the use of Botox®, fillers, and laser surgery. The practitioners at The Baton Rouge Clinic offer a full spectrum of medical and cosmetic services.
We have the new state-of-the-art Sciton® Laser that has many functions in treating aging and sun-damaged skin including:
- Forever Young BBLTM
- These treatments can slow down the aging clock and keep you looking “forever young.” With regular maintenance treatments, using Forever Young Broad Band LightTM technology rejuvenates skin and delays aging. The broad range of wavelengths allows for treatment of many different types of problems such as: redness, broken blood vessels, freckles, age spots, and other signs of sun damage. The BBLTM technology is effective on all body areas – face, neck, chest, arms & hands. These treatments will leave your skin clear, smooth, and much younger appearing with minimal downtime and long lasting results.
- ProFractional Resurfacing
- This treatment is a skin resurfacing with dermal tightening and collagen stimulation. This treatment helps with scarring, stretch marks, fine lines and wrinkles. These treatments can be combined with MicroLaserTM peels or BBLTM.
- Erbium Resurfacing
- This resurfacing is a more aggressive resurfacing procedure designed to remove surface-level and moderately deep lines and wrinkles on the face.
- MicroLaser PeelTM
- This laser peel precisely removes the outer layers of skin cells and improves surface pigmented lesions to leave healthy, beautiful and glowing skin. The MicroLaser PeelTM has a quick recovery and immediate change in your skin’s texture & pigmentation.
- Laser Hair Removal
- If you're not happy with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be an option worth considering. Laser hair reduction is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures in the U.S. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles. The pigment in the follicles absorbs the light and destroys the hair. Usually multiple treatment sessions are recommended.
Our Dermatologists and Aestheticians also use other skin treatment methods at The Baton Rouge Clinic including:
- Glycolic Acid Peel
- Glycolic acid penetrates the skin to help slough off the dry, rough, uppermost layers of skin leaving the skin looking smoother, healthier, and younger. These treatments are quick, convenient, and help add a boost to any skin care regimen, allowing for better penetration of products and leaving your skin with a healthy glow.
- Salicylic Acid Peel
- Recommended for acne-prone or oily skin. This 30% salicylic acid peel removes dead, dull skin cells and helps enlarged pores appear smaller. This peel gives the skin a more even tone while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- A cutting edge chemical peel for texture and pigmentation with synergistic combination of ingredients yielding great results for all skin types and minimal downtime. The VIPeelTM reverses the effects of sun damage, environmental factors, and time to enhance your skin’s natural beauty.
- Provides the most effective micro-needling treatment with little downtime. Micro-Needling stimulates collagen to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring, burns, and stretch marks.
- Exfoliates the skin by removing dead cells from the surface of the skin. This exfoliation allows for better product penetrations, increasing the overall radiance of the skin.
- Brightens and removes clogged pores by suctioning and infusing solution into the skin. This treatment relieves congestion in the skin while deeply cleaning clogged pores. With exfoliation and infusion combined, the skin is much brighter and smoother.
Other cosmetic procedures that our dermatologists perform at The Baton Rouge Clinic are listed below.
- Botox® Injections
- Sclerotherapy (Leg Vein Treatment)
- Soft Tissue Fillers including Juvéderm®, Radiesse®, VolumaTM, and Belotero®
Photoaging products available at The Baton Rouge Clinic:
- Elta MD®
- Baby FootTM
Dermatology Forms & Information
The Aesthetic and Cosmetic Dermatology department is located
on the 3rd Floor of The Baton Rouge Clinic.
Please call (225) 246-9741 to schedule a consultation.
LIKE us on Facebook for updates of monthly specials!